View Single Post
Old 2010-05-23, 16:59   Link #5
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Yay! A discussion thread!
It was a good episode, Greedling was great and I liked the music placement... I think the cliffhanger might have worked better following the manga's way (Riza's throat getting slit, Roy yelling), but this isn't bad either. I can't wait till next week's episode - it's going to be painful to watch, I hope it's pulled off nicely
I think where they ended it was nice. It's certainly a clifffhanger on its own. And the additional Olivier goodness was okay as well. I'm always happy to see more of Olivier, and the additional parts made me realize that there's a commonality in that scene between her and Sieg, in that they've both just "lost" someone close to them. I am starting to wonder how they're going to fit the rest of the story in the rest of the anime time they have left, as they seem to keep adding a little bit here and there, but they seem to be keeping a headly clip (well into chapter 101 with this episode), and a lot of the last several chapters both heavily focus on the "final five" (possibly explaining why the extras over the last few episodes are focused on secondary characters), and are quite fast-paced, so it should work out well.

Oh, and Greedlin was a thing of horrific beauty in this one... ^_^