View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 23:41   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Unfortunately not. Most of my poetry never reaches any longer than 30 lines. My longest piece is an extremely weird poem I wrote on the spur of the moment for Miyazaki's masterpiece of an anime Princess Mononoke, which I lamely titled Ballad of the Wolf Rider. Like all writers, I cringe when I re-read it because I wonder: "what the hell was I thinking when I wrote that??"

Short poems - yes. They work better for me
That was a "short" poem? Wow. I really liked it, even though I didn't understand it. I don't have a head for abstract stuff like that, but it was beautifully written nonetheless. ...Okay, this is embarrassing, but can someone explain it to me? I've re-read it a few times, but I've never been good at deciphering poetry...

Anyway, I'm hoping this thread might still live on. I'll post another story I'm writing. It's a Star Wars fanfic. I hope it's okay. In any case, read the first chapter and find out! (I have four chapters finished so far, working on a fifth... slowly... )

Well, here it is. It is my fanfic, entitled STAR WARS: ACE SQUADRON.

Foreword:
This is loosely based upon some of the events surrounding the movies and video games. Some people who have played the game "Rogue Squadron" may even recognize a line here and there. Those familiar with the X-Wing series of novels may see a similarity in writing style (though nowhere near that level) and characters. A lot of characters are my own creations, but a few are real Rogues and Aces. I believe their squad designations are accurate - I scrounged through countless novels to try and confirm them, but I may be wrong. I did my best to remain true to cannon, but that's harder than it sounds, given the sheer immensity of the Star Wars Universe.

Spoiler for Dramatis Personae:

Spoiler for Ace Squadron: Chapter One:

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2009-03-21 at 02:56.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote