View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 02:34   Link #3314
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Basically you can say, yes, because a person tricked me once, all the other things they said can be tricks. But this thinking leads us nowhere. I'm thinking we need to add in consideration of the speaker's character.
You're right, but the thing is, Meta-characters are much too mecurial; it is both their strength and their weakness that their character is whatever the situation calls them to know, their personalities, knowledge, and even allegiences changing at the drop of a meta-scene. So this isn't very helpful.

Quote:
Anyways, sorry for the rambling... I think the answer is, this does devalue the guarantee the red text was supposed to have. Or rather, maybe it devalues the guarantee that Beatrice was supposed to give. Ultimately though, this devalues red text into something no less than white text. But this gives us a new opportunity though.
I'll agree on this. I suppose the main point I'm making is red isn't special anymore. You can still trust it as like with every other statement; at this point the color does nothing but draw attention to passages.