Thread: Bonnouji
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 01:58   Link #1
Somnus
Eh?

Bonnouji

Taken from Bake-Updates Manga:

Fate brings two people who live in the same condo together on a typical afternoon. Ozawa (26) has just broken up with her boyfriend of five years and was in the process of trying to rebuild her life when she meets Oyamada who lives a couple floors below her. He is somewhat of a loner although he does have a few friends and his room is cluttered with all the random stuff that his impulse shopper brother sends him. Ozawa takes an interest with all the things in his room and the two start a friendship that slowly turns into something more.

Genre: Romance, Seinen, Slice of Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was browsing through forums and found this fantastic gem. The first volume has been translated into English, and I honestly couldn't stop reading. I'm a sucker for a good romance, or slice of life story. To my surprise (and pleasure), I was treated to the best of both worlds, and great set of main characters. They're older than the usual offerings, and a very welcome breath of fresh air. I won't go into them in detail, but the main duo have the same chemistry I find in other top notch titles (Spice and Wolf comes to mind).

It goes at a faster pace than the description lets on, and doesn't drag at all. Even better, there's no drama to speak of (so far, but I honestly hope it stays that way). Instantly rose to the top of my favorites list, and IMO a "must read" for any fans of the genre.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-01-02 at 16:19. Reason: Fixed image