View Single Post
Old 2010-12-08, 18:58   Link #2376
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I don't get why people always equate the characters and their VAs. You could absolutely love a character and yet find their VA to be absolutely atrocious as a singer (or the opposite).
I agree completely, which is why all the Megumi hate (reflected from Ranka hate) on this site irked me to no end. Thankfully, it seems to have settled down somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Also, I love when people infer the preferences of people in Japan using the force or something awesome like that. Presumably the only legit way to know the "margin" between one character's popularity and another's is by going across the country and documenting lotsa individual opinions (n > 4, and don't include the viewpoint of your pet rabbit). Oh wait, that's already been done. They're called polls.
True, true...which is why I pointed out that my evidence is completely circumstantial. I've been lucky enough to talk to quite a number of Macross fans at a number of events, and I go to a lot of stores and see what merchandise they display. The most I've ever seen is a mild preference for Sheryl. Again, I'm not saying my word is law, or that it's anything scientific...I'm just saying that's what I've seen. It was my observations, clearly labelled as my observations. That's fair, isn't it?