View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 02:54   Link #7455
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
I don't think anyone can even come close to deny she knew about Geass.. the question I was posing was how much. We were talking about full disclosure on how it works (500m range, reflection, can only be used once on someone, etc) and I was saying that Lelouch probably wouldn't want all that known. You don't want other to know how exactly your main weapon works in war, and he was in a war...
Look carefully when Lelouch, C.C., and Kallen having talk after regaining the OoBK main forces.
Lelouch didn't have any problems showing his Geass to her.
She didn't accused Lelouch for showing his Geass too.

She knew that Lelouch is a liar who uses OoBK for his own advantages, she also understand his mindset clearly enough to find him in Shinjuku. If she didn't understand the limitation, how she can keep herself calm until Lelouch tease her ?

( I really like when Lelouch start to share a fun moment with her )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
I understand that you want to paint Lelouch in a good light and most others are evil I can even sympathize with that as I don't think anyone would argue that Lelouch didn't get the short end of the stick and the betrayal of the BK was in bad tastes. That they didn't even give Lelouch a chance to argue his case was bad, especially given all he had done for them.

That doesn't make them out to be the "super evil omg they all need to go die in fire" people that (the way I read it) you're making them out to be though. I'm not trying to say they were saints, again they definitely weren't. But if you take a step back from "omg villain, don't care about them" attitude you can see why they did what they did. You can also see that some things you're trying to lay the blame on them for (like betraying the UFN) may be more a product of hatred for them.

Lelouch kept secrets and did things that people questioned. Even though he didn't think that they would get out, they did. Todo found out about the slaughter at the Order thing, and without context (and since no one knew about Geass...) that looks very VERY bad. He was keeping Corneillia locked up in secret on board the flagship too. Then what Villetta knew about him and told Ohgi... I bet she told him all about how he Geassed her, blackmailed her into helping him on school, etc. Again, those things look very bad. Then find out that he (and whether he meant to or not he did) ordered the death of lots of Japanese people to try to rally people to cause... He was supposed to be freeing them, not murdering them.
Just in cases.
I never really want to paint Lelouch in a good light.

Look at how he value others after what had he done to Shirley in S1, he clearly told C.C. and Kallen that he won't give up taking the path of carnage even after he learns about the consequences (at least, he's trying to spare Kallen from that fate--despite being his trump card, which make him more "human"). I can't really say Lelouch is a good guy after all. The same rules applied to Suzaku also.

I can't say that Lelouch kept secret from everyone is wrong.
Look at Lelouch itself, what'll happens if everyone know that he's an exiled Brittania Prince, especially when he leads an anti-Brittania resistance, including the fact that his only goal is to form a gentle world for his sister--a very selfish and childish thought.

The trade-off is Zero identity with their victory.

If there's something wrong.
What exactly wrong is what happens to OoBK itself.

After they learn about his identity, his Geass, and even his background, they never really tried to talk to him first.
They acted like they're already a winner after learns about their leaders secret and mistake.
Without even realizing how far they've got through if it's not because of him.
They didn't even think the consequences of throwing OoBK into a vacuum of power.

Look at Kallen, she asked first before trying to kill him in Babel Tower.
She's understand enough, if it's not because of him, they would'nt go that far.
And, it's granted. He answered her question because she convinced him enough to make sure he's able to take the responsibility for the better future.

Compare it to what happened during Turn 19 of R2.
Preparing spotlight, a camera to make sure everyone learns his death, a lot of machine guns, ignoring fact that Kallen is still there--used as a bait because they know he's concerned enough about her, and also the fact that they've traded him for Japan when his existence is needed by UFN, the largest scale of world's peace. Seems like they've no responsibilities about what'll happened later.

That's irrational, especially when you realized the one who motivated Ougi to take the coup d' etat is Viletta. It's not "I should accuse him from blackmailing my girlfriend." anymore, it's turned into "My girlfriend is a victim, everything he had done is must be wrong." Viletta playing a "I'm a victim" card, when Lelouch is actually the one who granted her wish to met Ougi and even save his life before getting executed by Guilford.

This is getting crazier during the final battle.

Ougi : "Look Zero, if we take this together, we can defeat you."
Seems like he only pleased by the fact that he's able to defeat Zero.

Todo : "The moment you accept the lead, that's the moment you accept the ideals"
If you're this smart, doesn't this mean the moment you accept Schniezel, is also the moment you legalize FLEIJA. WTH !

Xing-ke, he started with a praise "Just like Lelouch and Suzaku in one person."
But during the final battle, he's turned into a mindless lolicon who doesn't seem to care about FLEIJA being spammed through the entire battle. When it clearly showed that even Kallen is confused about that FLEIJA is being spammed.

He's also ignoring the fact that his side had a Damocles, Shen-hu, Mordred, Tristan Divider, Zangetsu, and even Guren SEITEN when Lelouch main power is just Shinkirou, Lancelot Albion, Lancelot Frontier, and Siegfried. He doesn't even think what is the circumstances that can really lead Lelouch, brave enough to launch his attacks frontally despite knowing how weak his firepower really is.

It's so broken.
I can't stand the ending because of those fact is still exists.
Especially with the fact that was Lelouch, Suzaku, and Kallen is actually those who really worked as their hardest to make sure the future is reachable. But, they received their good ending in the most cruel forms they could take.

Last edited by Tactics; 2011-07-06 at 03:15.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote