Old 2011-02-16, 13:49   Link #221
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by under the rain View Post

Emotional Involvement: 3/10
Here's the series's biggest weakness. The characters are very psychologically developed, there's no doubt about that. However, the emotional development falls by the wayside. This isn't bad, a series like this doesn't need emotionally complex characters. Regardless, I feel that's what keeps this series from being spectacular.
Do you really think so? I was really touched because emotions were really the best thing I've ever seen in anime.
The protagonist did exactly what he was supposed to do. He was obsessed and of course a psychopath. It's quite typical for psychopaths to have a lack of empathy.

The girl was the perfect opposite and on the other hand, the exact same. It's typical for young women with traumatic experiences in their childhood to have a secret desire for violence. They want to be treated badly, cling to an asshole who treats them badly because he embodies violence and would do anything for that man even if they got beaten up to a pulp.

L is probably a savant.

Many characters did have strong emotions, just the protagonists were a little special because they were special, probably dead and only kept alive by their strong desire to change the world.