Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 11:10   Link #107
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Definitely one of the shows I have been looking towards for a while now, so while the first episode was decent, it was still sad to see it being somewhat of a letdown. Mainly in terms of animation ... oh my, if this is how the first episode, which are usually notorious for being better looking than the rest of the show, looked, I dread the future.

The animation was quite minimalistic and choppy, and the characters themselves looked like colored sketches at best on some occasions, like when Yuno and Yukki arrived on the rooftop. The CGI wasn't something you'd want to write home about either.

I certainly like the premise, and the fact they don't completely censor or avoid some of the more gruesome stuff, but the visual side of things was a bit lacking to completely pull me in. That, and Yukiteru's VA ... that one grated on my ears.

That said, definitely following this for some survival game fun (Deus certainly didn't do Yukki any favors by that announcement ... everyone is after his skin now ) with yandere sprinkling on top. The only thing dampening my spirits is the low budget of the show ... I wonder if they blew it all on hiring Wakamoto for Deus