View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 07:48   Link #1716
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
My point is the screenshot comparisons ring very true that he pointed out. And I talked about them a while back too. Since I haven't the time to hassle with it, that link pretty much sums up my points.

Never mind that I am still adamant about Sheryl being 3/4 of the movie like a cash cow. No offense, but seriously... I wish there was more of the other characters, not just... her. I am bitter about that alone at this point. Otherwise, I am more or less on the "parallel universe" understanding, where both females have different chances.

Don't spike my flames. I'd rather not start wars. I like nice conversations at this point. Plus, we're all waiting for a new Macross to have new romance to converse about.
Not really this was actually pointed out to me by a Ranka fan, but Ranka ended up better off in the movies as well. Her character design was altered to become more curvy (her bust is bigger and hips are wider and she has more of butt). Its really obvious when she wore that bikini in the SnT, speaking of bikini her wardrobe got a complete makeover and the clothes she wears in the movies she now wears heels and most of her outfits (sans Niji iro Kuma outfits and even then) are more age appropriate. Besides that she's known Alto from before the start of the movies. On top of that she's actually more mature and is more likely to think things through, and isn't ready to just accept what people tell her.

On top of that it was her who gave SMS a fighting chance when she did the right thing and told her brother her concerns about the Vajra, it was because of her that the idea to spring Sheryl out of jail happened in the first place, and they would have succeeded if not for pure bad luck. Her actions also directly caused SMS to get wind of Galaxy's plan and alert the other colonies.

So yeah, the idea that Ranka fans love to parade about Ranka being short-changed in the movies is stupid. Laughable even. All they're really upset about is the fact that she didn't win the love triangle.