View Single Post
Old 2007-10-17, 22:22   Link #162
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

With Mushi-Uta done, and Ghost Hound not yet started, this show is filling my "dark and serious" anime needs quite nicely. One thing I'd particularly like to give points for is the amazing colors. What, you say, the colors are mostly kind of muted and not eyecandy?
That's. The. Point!
I'm getting a bit tired of even dramatic animes pushing color schemes that are artificially bright-looking. The colors here look real. The characters look real. Backgrounds are high-enough quality that they look real. I find it much easier to appreciate non-comedies when they're this believable to watch. Oh, and I totally second the "CG not so much in your face" bit. Half the time I can't even tell which parts are 3D modeling vs. 2D... I think the 3D stuff is more prevalent than many people realize. Because it doesn't jump out and grab attention.

BTW I am now accepting avatar requests from Eps 1 and 2. Give me an approximate time frame and I'll see what I can do. Can't do sigs though, I'm not an artist, just an editor.