View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 02:13   Link #776
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Was thread-browing in the Code Geass section and got to thinking. KMFs are developing an 8th-9th generation already?! In a span of what? 10-15 years? VFs have been around 40-50 years and what generation is VF technology at in 2059? I'm guessing 5th?
If we consider 'next generation fighter' as a craft producing a much better performance then the earlier ones, a performance leap, we would have three in total. VF-0/1 -> VF-19/22 -> VF-25/27. There were many adaptations and technology improvements over the past years but in my opinion only those 3 VF Fighters present enough potential to be called a next gen craft.

Then again, if we consider the military main force fighter craft as a basis of a next generation fighter we would have :

VF-1 Valkyrie
VF-4 Lightning III
VF-11 Thunderbolt
VF-19 Excalibur
VF-171, let's call it an adapted Nightmare

Next one would be VF-25

Quote:
* In fact the VF-25 seems a bit of a throwback to previous generations, since it lacks the active stealth system, though it does have a PPB. Then again it is a Flanker equivalent....
Can't agree with that. We don't know what systems VF-25 is equipped with at this point. Besides, I don't see any reason why a next generation fighter would be downgraded in department of it's technology. Mereover, 25 boasts a much wider selection of armaments and pack options. Not to mention the fact that the Full Armor system is now accessible in all 3 modes. The thing that surprised me the most about VF-25 Full Armor is that it is as fast as a regular VF-25F without any additions.

EDIT. I may be really stupid but I preffer VF-25 with a Super FAST pack rather then with Full Armor

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Last edited by Urei; 2008-09-17 at 02:35.
Urei is offline   Reply With Quote