Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 22:22   Link #151
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah I don't think some people realize how big Hunter X Hunter is, I saw some RK fans bitching about how this is getting a full remake and they're only getting 2 OVA episodes from an alternate perspective. Well the HxH manga is more popular than Kenshin ever was and it's still being serialized. The point of an anime is to push another product and you still have the HxH manga coming out whereas Kenshin is finished.

If this is a hit with a new generation of fans you can expect the older tanks for HxH to start selling pretty decently... and that would make the next volume break a million copies in a month...
Yeah, I agree. Especially if youngsters go wild for HxH this could be a real big step on making this more popular. Just look at how much OP sells. It's unbelievable. Nothing comes close in WSJ. I really hope this does well. The commercial wasn't bad, so I still got my hopes up. Just don't mess up the HxH feeling the first series had. Even though GI FINAL had shit animation, it still was entertaining. HxH is just awesome.

Was Kenshin even that popular when it was being released? Trust & Betrayal was really something else. Never watched the TV series till the end, cause the first 15 episodes bored me to death, so I ended up watching just the nice animated fights
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote