View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 23:07   Link #320
Cpuroast

CPU usage nearly doubles in Rev12-Test2 compared to Rev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
Well, sorry for wanting to have something to eat and therefore prioritizing projects with a possible income.

I've just released rev12-test1 fixing the two most glaring SL bugs:
* Scrubbing bar redrawing fixed
* Crash when rotating logs fixed

Few notes on this build:
* Compiling against the 10.4 SDK seems to be tricky on SL and I haven't yet figured it out. I might drop 10.4 support for rev12 in the process.
* This is still 32bit. I don't think 64bit is very pressing but I'll look into it. It should also be possible to switch back to the 32bit version for the binary codecs (which aren't 64bit). I think that will need changes to Extended to select the right MPlayer architecture to use.
* I still use the official repository and that will probably stay that way. I plan however to implement some kind of binary loading interface to make it easier to roll custom MPlayer binaries.

I've also switched from Trac to Redmine (which is just like Trac - just better) and really like the additional features so far. You're welcome to try it out. Currently issues and the wiki are open to anonymous users but if it gets too much span, I'll have to switch to registered-only.

UPDATE: rev12-test1 had an unfortunate linking issue which made it crash on launch. rev12-test2 fixes this problem:
http://mplayerosxext.googlecode.com/...ev12-test2.dmg
I just tried Rev12-Test2 on Snow Leopard.

It seems that CPU usage during playback nearly doubles in Rev12-Test2 compared to Rev11. Playing back H.264. Haven't tried files encoded in other formats.

This is true for the MT and non-MT options.

I'll stick with Rev11 for now.