Thread: Licensed Nurarihyon no Mago
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 00:52   Link #1073
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Wait, are you suggesting Rikuo x Hagoromo Kitsune here?
That would be awkward..... and delicious.

I disagree. Vast majority of Light novel writings are absolute pile of turd.
I haven't smelled a bigger pile of writing turd in my entire life time than the current so-called "light novel" market.

But hey, opinions.
Spoiler for long LN rage:

PS: BTW, getting a hit in WSJ does give you much more fortune than you can ever hope for as a LN writer. I don't think you understand the market difference in Japanese publishing world. It's not even comparable. Like, off by two digits or more.
Poorly written? I don't want to here that from someone who prefers shounen mangas(no insult). The typical structure of a shounen manga is:meet a strong enemy?Gets beaten down. Solution? RANDOM POWER-UP. Power-up not available or the enemy is simply just way too strong? POWER OF NAKAMA! Normally, power of friendship is alright, it just means winning through superior team cohesion and tactics. But the term POWER OF NAKAMA has been reinvented as some random, unexplained power-up of the protagonist because of his feelings for his friends.I just don't want to hear about a supposed general plot-superiority of mangas compared to light novels. If the plot of LN are manure, I don't even know what to call the plot of some of the popular shounen mangas out there. As for eroge-type writing, maybe it's because you don't like them. Many people do enjoy them.It's there to appease some people. Evidently, there's a reason why even a light-novel with no plot(fingers point at Infinite Stratos) can get popular.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-08 at 01:10.