View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 12:35   Link #71
Mentar
Banned

I think the "problem" is that the Greece arc reminds me of the sorcerer's apprentice: Hata couldn't control the powers he called anymore. It is the pinnacle of the show so far, but A-tan and Hina totally overpowered Nagi storywise. He was finally able to tell his initial story ("Royal Garden", which was rejected by the publisher before he okayed "Hayate no Gotoku"), but its conclusive ending with a quite popular yet controversial winner (A-tan), a very popular graceful loser (Hina) and Nagi, who despite her biiig gesture (destruction of the jewel) lost her position as the female lead. Royal Garden was supposed to have this ending, but for Hayate no Gotoku, he had to fudge a ridiculous "the show goes on" transition without pissing off each camp.

It just commits too much. After Greece, he needs to work to conclude the show somehow, which is absolutely obviously unwilling to do.

Oh, and about the studio: The JC Staff conversion of the second season was exemplary and the best HnG run we had so far. I'd love to see them return. Unfortunately. I'm afraid we'll get more Manglobe putzing around, and I have no idea why.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote