View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 19:13   Link #1179
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Cosmic, I'm adding that bolded words are in Mandarin in the volume notes rather than the chapter notes, so don't use bold for anything except for it, alright?

And, for 「緋緋イロカネ」 and 「璃璃イロカネ」, are we going to fully romanise them as ’Hihiirokane’ and 'Ririirokane', or are we going to translate it like you, with 'Scarlet' and 'Azure' respectively. I'm not sure if there's a pattern with the 'Hi' and the 'Ri', what with them rhyming, so I kept it as 'Hihiirokane'. However. if you prefer translating it as 'Scarlet', I'm fine with that as well. However, I think we should standardise with translating Japanese names like that, so if we're going to translate 'Hihiirokane' as 'Scarlet Irokane', we might as well translate' Hidan' as 'Scarlet Ammo'.
Good point.....The rhyme does suggest a pattern. Maybe we add a list of known Irokane with the clours translated in the translation notes? The main reason why I translated that into English was more because it's less cumbersome for a non-Japanese reader anyway, not for any linguistic or story reason. Perhaps we should also make a note for "ulus;" it simply means nation in Mongol and refers to Mongolia itself. If you agree I can change the azure to ririirokane.

BTW....the "fatally injured"/"致命傷" in the fight with Koko is weird since Reki is well...still alive. Perhaps he's trying to say knocked out of the fight?

Also....whose line is it in your sig?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-05 at 00:31.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote