View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 14:24   Link #10
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Do you have any add-ons on your browsers that deal with script management/restriction or whatever? Those could interfere with webpage redirects, though I doubt they should be interfering this much. If you have toolbars or plugins, try activating/deactivating them.

Otherwise, check your antivirus/firewall. Who knows whether a security update did something funky with the way they filter your inbound and outbound traffic (privacy settings?).

An even more farfetched suggestion would be tinkering with wifi/network card's drivers/settings - my old U.S. Robotics 802.11b/g wi-fi card had some sort of driver/gateway system that, at the very end of its life, still allowed IE and Opera to browse the Internet, but did very weird stuff when using Firefox (FF was suddenly twice slower than the other browsers, no matter which site I tried to visit --- on top of triggering innumerable BSODs whenever I attempted to update the card driver T_T) and this only stopped when I finally decided to swap the old card with a newer 802.11n Linksys.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-10-21 at 16:10.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote