View Single Post
Old 2010-03-08, 16:19   Link #49
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Giving good reasons behind negative reputation can lead to productive conversations, I always leave my name in case people want to talk about it, so neg-rep can help a lot. True, I take my share of "lol u fail" neg-reps, but I don't really care as most people know me at the threads I post.
I find positive reputation to be a good incentive for artists and graphic designers, after all they don't get anything for all the annoying little requests they do. As it's been said before, positive rep is also abused, a lot more than negative, because people just do it "for the lols". One funny post isn't reason enough, at least not for me.
Well said. The reputation system is both a great way of providing support or thanks to those individuals that have helped you in the past, and it is a great way of providing an incentive to help other posters, either by providing information/answers to questions, or working on signatures and other images (I'm not saying that a poster would only help as so long as they got some green square thingies, and most of the time you probably will not get a pos rep for any help you may provide, but it is definitely an added bonus when you do receive a pos rep for helping another poster). A large amount of the positive reps I have received over the years have come from posters thanking me for helping them in the Suggestion Sub-Forum, or various other productive aspects of this forum I have partaken in (The other half, and most of my neg reps come from silly comments or well constructed arguments I have made (the neg reps coming more from the silly comments rather than the arguments...) ). I'm sure Vexx and others have also received thanks for the support they have provided in the Silly Question thread; etc.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-08 at 16:51.