View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 00:51   Link #52
Molenir

Since someone else commented in this thread recently, I'll go ahead and add my own opinion.

I'm one of the "fanboys" mentioned by others. I don't mind Yuri, in fact, done right I quite enjoy it. This said, like others, I enjoyed Marimite much more then SP. Strawberry Panic had a lot of things going for it, the music was much more dynamic and upbeat for example. However the Marimite world was a bit more realistic, with there actually being guys in it. Also the characters, I never really liked the older girl in SP, and some of the side characters, and their relationships I found boring as well. Some of the plot likewise seemed to have been completely made up as they went along. Like the partner for the Etoile. Doing it this way, made for some gaping plot holes that were hard to overlook.

Contrast this with Marimite which doesn't have the blatant Yuri fanservice, or the good music, but has a stronger plot, more realistic setting, and very interesting characters. In addition, the story has a certain appealing innocence about it. In my mind, its not hard to understand why its the more successful franchise.