View Single Post
Old 2007-08-04, 22:41   Link #109
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
One of the problems is this very dialog/thought intensive anime. So lot of people could only watch the fansub version. Right now the fansub is only up to episode 5.
Yeah, it is dialog/thought intensive. Point definitely conceded.

Quote:
One thing I love about this anime is that it's really about a baseball team. Unlike other baseball manga/anime, where they focus exclusively one character. But in real life, team win games, not one player. I know the anime do something focus on Mihashi, because you need to good pitcher and all. But you need other players to get hits and runs to win games.
And which they do very well in Oofuri. They have players with good abilities and in Tajima, a talented clean-up batter but one that is not strong enough to hit home runs. The team need to function as one and play smart to win. In the recent episodes (i.e. Episodes 15 to 17), there's bags of courage too. The fight is getting tougher as Tosei has started to figure out Nishiura.

Quote:
Hey, no one has die in this anime yet. Name another baseball mange/anime where someone didn't die.
Hmm... most will not have a player die. It's usually a parent, friend or surrogate parent. I can easily name another baseball manga/anime where someone doesn't die, e.g. Captain (based on the manga of the same name) and its sequel, Play Ball
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote