View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 11:47   Link #1932
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
I'm going to get lynched for this, but I do not wish to lie so I'll be clear about it.

K-On! - As a SoL anime, it was okay, and fairly entertaining. I managed to finish it, but what follows after is a different matter. The second season was just difficult to watch. I picked it up since I was expecting some decent music, but it was disappointing too in that regard. It seems cute girls doing cute things most of the time doesn't keep me entertain that long...
It's gonna take more than that to get lynched For me, the second season was about light and fluffy stuff happening. It's got good music scattered throughout, but to hear it, its an endurance match. I think of K-On! as suited for people who are crazy busy: in that case, it acts as a light-hearted form of entertainment that alleviates some of that stress. Trust me: after spending weeks debugging a new data model or trying to synthesize organic compounds, watching K-On! does lift the spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Another latest addition: Angel Beats

Maybe I'm too early to say this but I just don't see what makes it great as most people said. I think most people who loved it were fooled by its "rebellion against God and His angels" theme.
My beef with Angel Beats! is only that it was too short. I never really got the rebellion vibes as much as I did the 'coming to terms with life and death' vibes.