Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 17:31   Link #348
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I really like this anime already, despite it only being a single episode in. The animation is superb, with tasteful use of CGI elements (that were well-done to make them seems like classic animation), funny and intelligent dialogue, and overall nice looking character design.

First thoughts when I finished the first episode were that it was kinda like a mix between Tears to Tiara and Spice and Wolf. That might be due in large part to the voice actors they used (Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu once again co-star in leading roles, just like in Spice and Wolf), but I swear the overall artwork style makes me think of those two other anime, as well. A solid medieval fantasy... my favorite apart from sci-fi.

I especially liked the end-credits roll with all of the classical medieval codex-style borders, initials, and miniatures that gave subtle hints to the personalities and roles of characters that haven't been fully introduced yet.

I am going to be looking forward to this show. I have a feeling that the wait between episodes is going to be agonizing for me.