View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 21:37   Link #151
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
There's been no evidence suggesting that there is any difference in the male uniforms across the years. As for Shiori not knowing the year, it's possible that she just didn't make the connection(Shiori is first-year, Ayu is one year above, Yuuichi is one year above -> Yuuichi is one year above Shiori, and thus second-year). It's only the next day, and she did have a pretty rough night.

Not only that, there's the question of why she kept the gender in particular a secret. Had the person in question been Kaori, then there would've been no problem simply stating "female". She did hide her last name, and so there wouldn't have been any further connection between her and her sister. Furthermore, Shiori wasn't hesitant about telling Yuuichi about her sister once he asked her about it.

Had the person in question been Yuuichi, it would've been very easy for Yuuichi to guess that it was himself she was talking about if she said the gender was "male". Saying that it's a secret keeps a level of ambiguity in this case, where keeping it a secret or not doesn't change anything in the other case.

This is also the second semister, she was probably done thinking of going to school with Kaori after the first. Yuuichi on the other hand was still fresh in her mind.

In any case, even though (assuming) she went there to meet Yuuichi, she never expected to actually meet him there. The chances of that happening is one-in-a-million. However, she is willing to take that chance.

…In any case, there's no proof one way or the other.

I'm with you on this one. Even knowing her story, I was getting that vibe in the beginning when she showed up at the school, that she was looking for Yuuichi. I've read the other arguments, and they don't sway me one bit. They're not complete arguments, and don't have enough weight to sway anyone to either side of the fence.

In the end, only the writers know for sure.