View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 15:14   Link #1
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Unlock Threads on Subforums in the Retired Section.

Every so often, I'll dive into an older anime that is recommended to me by a friend here on Anime Suki.

Often, once I'm done watching that anime, I like the idea of sharing my thoughts on it here on Anime Suki. I don't mind doing that in a Retired subforum - Chances are that at least a couple fellow AS members will take notice of the new review anyway, and a nice, short conversation might arise from it. Unfortunately, not all Retired subforums allow for such series reviews.

A good example of this, which directly applies to me right now, is the Maria-sama subforum. I was only recently sold on this anime by Last_Sinner, and I'm certainly glad that I was sold on it!

I just completed all four seasons of this anime earlier today (in fact, Season 4 of Mari-sama was the first anime season I marathoned in a lone day in a long, long time), and would very much like to share my thoughts on it here on Anime Suki. Alas, that is not an option, as every thread on the Maria-sama except two (where a series review would be off-topic) appear to now be locked.

I accept the retirement process for older anime subforums, and how locking many threads on them might be beneficial for archival and maintenance purposes. But could season and series review threads, at the very least, be left unlocked?

You never know when somebody (like me) will discover an old and once-popular anime (like Maria-sama) and want to post on it here on Anime Suki.