View Single Post
Old 2008-03-02, 05:16   Link #3555
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Okay, here... anyone who owns the manga, please turn to page 149 of volume 2.
On the footnote of the left strip, the author, Yoshimitsu Kagami, wrote, "Besides... things like 'love' is never going to show up in Lucky*Star."

And there we have it.
Naw, I don't bite, especially for the anime. Yoshimitsu making that comment literal would wipe out the basis for friendship and family affection in the series such that they'd all just be a bunch of Vulcans. He could've easily been straight to the point and outright said there's no yuri overt or implied or hinted so he's playing coy here (like most artists, their feet rarely get caught in cement). I bet in more ways than little, he KNOWS that it's this subtle yuri tease that's driven most of the interest (and feeds his kitty) in an otherwise generally bland "slice of life" tale of awfully chatty (junior?) high school girls -- which itself parades a loli factor you just couldn't get away with over here. Hey, ever since they popped that sex-switched Ronald McDonald commercial over there the Japanese haven't been all that shy about spicing up even kiddie fare with the issue. So I'd love to see what Comic-Con in New York cooks up with LS about this!

But I can sure do with a peek at the manga!!

Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2008-03-02 at 06:29.
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote