Thread: Licensed Ga-rei -Zero-
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 08:21   Link #1008
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Does the only guy to survive from the first cast (the guy at the grave in the beginning) actually come into play with the manga? If he does then I might feel a bit better about the stunt they pulled in the beginning. The way this show was setup really ruined by enjoyability, I spent 11 episodes waiting for some sort of explanation/character back story for the first set of people killed and we were never given one. While killing everyone was a good ploy to get me interested in the end it just kind of pissed me off.
Are you talking about Tooru? Sorry to tell you this, but he died also at the end of the first episode. I think it's a testament to how the show was able to give us interesting characters that we want to see more of when people constantly bring up the team from the first episode. I saw a show with a similar first episode I honestly didn't care much about their deaths unlike this show. The Ga-rei Zero world was unfair to a lot of people but I think that is the main point of the first episode. I love that episode.