View Single Post
Old 2011-06-23, 11:26   Link #2211
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, she thought that the marriage would show the people that the government was united and strong. And Kira confronted Cagalli about whether her actions would really keep Orb safe, not whether her marriage would change Orb's foreign policy.
How keep Orb safe? The obvious answer for Cagali was to retain Orb's tradition of being non-alignment. Cagali got married under her own imagination and false assumptions that it'd retain Orb's tradition. Kira simply forced her to acknowledge the truth (by slapping her out of her delusion, no less), that being married won't change things.

Quote:
No, the problem was she didn't realize that not everyone in the government shared her ideals. That's why Cagalli was taken by surprise when the Orb fleet attacked her.
Same problem faced by her own father, but while her father maneuvered through foreign and domestic politics, Cagali was unable to reproduced the same (although limited) success.

Moreover, the fleet that attacked her was doing nothing more than following orders. Why should they have behaved otherwise, especially when the current leader of Orb was no longer Cagali? When George Bush declared war on Iraq in 2003, there were a lot of opposition, but did that amount to a mutiny against the government? No.

Quote:
And yet many people act like they ruined her character in Destiny for some reason. The fact is that her situation in GSD was diiferent than in SEED. It took time and effort, but eventually she adapted to her new situation (symbolized by her punching Yuna). It's just part of her development.
We don't need to pretend they ruined her character, enough background information and leaked tidbits already led to that information. I'd like to believe the first part of what you said, and in fact, I did believe it, until I read my share of background information, the break between Morosawa and Shindou.

Second, while her situation was indeed different from SEED, she lacked the willpower she once possessed. Whatever fire she once had, she lost it in GSD. She cried and cried and cried, but never decisively resolved her own dilemma. There were many ways for her to counter the situation, but Morosawa decided she should just cry instead.

For example, if she had the same fiery resolve she once had, she would have busted Yuna into bits during their first encounter in battle. I can almost guarantee you the military would immediately shift heir allegiance.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote