View Single Post
Old 2009-08-21, 05:21   Link #1884
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
But that's not the point of my post. I merely wanted to start a new line of thought, look around the chessboard rather than always from the sides, and see what bears fruit. The goalposts may yet change still as we have about 2 more episodes to go? There's so many holes that we can arrange the facts to form part of one picture and rearrange them to form part of another, and they both look equally probable at the moment. My actions would be to propose yet another arrangement to put the facts we now have in and fit more puzzle pieces as we go along.
I got what you meant and I understood it. It's just that, for me, it's hard to look around the chessboard when I don't exactly know the exact contours of this chessboard. Or should I say umm there's isn't enough chessboard yet to know how to go around it.

Argh nosebleed.

What I mean is that it's hard to check around the facts when there isn't enough facst to go around on. I find doing it difficult right now because there isn't enough definite substance to measure.

Jebus I need a better analogy give me a moment.

I'm a medical student so let me use a tumor as an analogy. A tumor is hard to detect because you sort of need a certain physical size before it is realistically detecable. Before you reach this point, usually 10^9 cell mass, it's useless and difficult to ascertain the nature of this tumor because there is not enough cell mass to find it. However once you reach about this mass of cells you can finally see and detect the tumor and learn about it. At this time with boundaries set you can see if it is benign or malignant, a myoma or sarcoma, etc.

Ok that was needlesly convoluted metaphoric point.

Quote:
So what you're basically saying is that you want the picture to on auto-mode and put it self together piece by piece then when it gets to about 90% then we should start theorizing? Isn't the whole point of the mystery novel getting clues and clues and trying to put it all together even if you only have 1% of the puzzle to work with? Sure the difficulty is about 7 episodes long but that's just an analogy for a huge ass puzzle. I think instead of holding back and waiting for your theory to be proven/disaproven(then reveal it or not) you should just throw it out there anyway. Who cares if you're wrong, I mean I had crazy ass theories every episode and they were disproven on the next one. But who says that I can't have a new theory when episode 6 hits?
That's relative. It really depends on the mental capabilities of the player. The ability to theorize depends on your own abilities, it's just that in my case I can't make valid hypotheses as it stands. Ep4 blew out 75% of my theories and I intend to stay away from too many theories.

It's more part in parcel of my education and training. As a biologist and medical student it is dangerous for me to make too many thoeries, even the crazy ass ones, because we go by the belief that Ocham was right. Too many theories bog down the thought process especially the ones that aren't very much backed by data. Too many theories can block out your views that may be closer to the truth than the rest. The scientific method extends to my appraoch to Umineko. Likewise I make the minimum number of theories, back them up with data I learn, and toss them to the shredder if they are wrong or misdirected.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote