View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 00:32   Link #17
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
New request sig, made it a funky size to fit the piano in alright:

Marina, what the hell am I looking at??? Didn't I teach you better than what I see before my eyes??? LoL, I'm just joking chica. It's a very nice clean piece you have there. I bet you were like oh my... did I do something wrong lol. Really, I just wanted to tease you a bit because you're getting better and better. I'm not going to let you off the hook that easily. Outside the fact that this was a request, I would like to make a couple of suggestions... just think of it as food for thought when you're working on your own stuff with this kind of style. The tan and vector stamps added a nice feel to the canvas. Texture of the actual canvas would compliment music sheet if the piano had any. It looks like you beveled out the piano... or it may be the original but if you did use a bevel/emboss, I would say take it down a couple of notches. The three px border is very complimentary to the black piano and white keys. Nice job on that one... lets see what else. The whole title of the presentation is not blended well. Since you can see the definite difference between the colors, it's like it's just stamped on to it. Sharpen up your blending skills and experiment with some color overlays... or something to that effect. For your name, I know I'm not one to tell you how to sign your own sig but it's just one of those things I have to say but I say move your name about 5 clicks down and 5 clicks to the right... it's just me so you don't have to take that suggestion into consideration.

All in all, it's a very simple and clean presentation which is great. I'm a big fan of music, musical instruments and piano pieces. I used to play competitively in classical music so I have a great respect for the piano. Just a side note, I'm listening to some great piano pieces from Kanon. If you haven't watched that anime, then it's a must see. It's actually Kanon 2006. The album is an all piano album from the anime and it's fantastic. Keep up the great work Marina. You're doing a terrific job and I'm glad to see you excel in photoshop. You've started with baby steps, passed the crawling stage and now walking with your head up high. Again, keep up the terrific job and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Your job is to excel past my work. Happy holidays!

.wz619