View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 22:02   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Then I'm amazed that Yosuga no Sora's anime adaptation was even green-lighted, given how reliant it was on taboo themes (and how the team "maximized the action and satisfaction"). YnS wasn't likely going to get an all-ages adaptation in the first place. At least the team made it so that all the fans of the main game were satisfied, rather than a "canon" route that neglects the majority of the fans. At least if KoiChoco does an adaptation with episodes split among the most popular heroines being wooed and "won" by the protagonist, they'll satisfy twice as many fans as opposed to a typical canon route.
I think that detailed discussion of this point would require spoilers that should be discussed in the game thread, but I can say that -- as you can see from the plot synopsis and trailer -- this is a story that revolves around a central fixed timeline that is external to the characters (i.e. "the election"). So any sort of split or branching setup is highly unlikely here, as there would just be way too much repetition and retread ground that wouldn't make for a good anime (even with a YnS type setup). I think you should expect them to merge as much as possible from the various routes into a single timeline, as I'd say with pretty high confidence that that's the most logical format for this story.