View Single Post
Old 2008-10-27, 12:43   Link #1
Lockgar

Ryu Hayabusa Worest ninja ever? Or greatest ninja ever?

When most people think of ninja they think of assassination, espionage, stealth, camouflage, specialized weapons, and a vast array of martial arts.

While Ryu Hayabusa seemed to have gotten assassination, weapon specialization and martial arts down, he seems to fail horribly at stealth and camouflage. If you wanted to find him, just follow the bloody mess of bodies he leave behind. However, despite how grossing incapable he appears to be with stealth in the ninja gaiden games, he, in the end, always completes his missions. So you cant argue with results.

However, if I ever wanted to hire a ninja to assassinate someone. Would I hire someone who would leave a story like

"Yeah I heard that when Ted died, his eyes flowed with blood, but there was no sign of an intruder anywhere, and the camera in the room didn't pick up a thing."

or would you rather have

"Some crazy shrieking ninja came crashing through the door, killing everyone in his ways, leaving a bloody mess of death and destruction in his wake. When he finally got to Ted, he just grabbed him, threw him into the air, jumped up, and drilled him too the ground while going AHHHHHHHH, with what was left of him 3 feet into the ground, after which he flew out the window."

Actually, that second one seems far more intimidating........

What say you?
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote