Thread: One Outs
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-13, 07:42   Link #94
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, it looks like he's playing with others emotions and mental states than truly and honestly caring about them. Considering he kept saying how he was going to destroy the Mariners, I think that's the true aim anyway.

And even a hard-nut realist that he is, I guess he realizes that emotions are simply a part of the sport, gambling and confrontations like in sports or otherwise. I guess in his utmost realist sense, emotions are reality.

Also, I guess especially in Japan where higher ups constantly go for the vanilla bowing-head apologies, that kind of line struck a nerve in the Mariners' manager more so than it probably would to westerners.

It's also funny that the way he goaded the manager was sorta like saying to a better 'pay up, it's your fault you lost this bet'. That's basically what it was all about. It was a game and a responsibility. I can see how it would relate to normal codes of morality and honesty as well, but in this case, it's like binding someone to a bet that happens to be a baseball game.