View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 22:40   Link #1137
Warm Mist

They probably use students for inbetweening and clean-up animation, yes. That gives more weight to the claim that they aim for stability of their employees, instead of being contract-based like most other studios. I'm thinking a good bunch of the animation students that graduate on Kyoani's school end up working for them, and that's how they maintain (and improve) their standards over time.

Also, my understanding of animation production over at Japan is that the budget dedicated to raw animation (i.e the frames) is all spent on paying the animators, and thus the number of frames a given episode of anime has is fixed. If Kyoani's policy is paying a monthly salary regardless of the number of drawings, would it be true that the only thing keeping them on the grounds of limited animation is schedule and time constraints? Or do some other factors come into play?

I don't think many people here are sakugafags or know this much about the production process of anime, but if someone that does reads this, I beg for a response.
Thanks in advance