Thread: Tabletop RPGs
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-27, 02:39   Link #17
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
Wow, never heard about these, seem to very fun, finding a group with time will be a problem though >_<!
Sites like nearbygamers.com are a necessity. RPG'ing isn't just playing a game, it's building up a whole social network and making friends. Well, or you can just try to get players on 4chan /tg/ or some other dig on the internet, that's worked out pretty well for me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigguratbuilder View Post

Also, we're going to be posting more free stuff on the website next year: Scenarios, more lists (!!!), replays and so on.
Cool. I think there are two other Maid RPG supplements out in Japan...something like "Yume no Meido" and something else. Might those be printed as well? Or maybe they were already included in the English version of the book, I'm not quite sure.

I actually managed to find a copy of Maid: The Roleplaying Game at my local gaming store. They're really awesome at stocking indie RPG's...not only did they have Maid, they had tons more I'd heard great things about and want to play (Spirit of the Century!).

I'd love to see more moe/otaku RPG's. Other subjects have been pretty well fulfilled by Western RPG's. Exalted, Shadowfist, (motherfucking RIIIIIFTS)...well, I guess the "drama system" I've heard of sounds pretty cool, but a lot of systems already have something like that, or often have similar house rules. ("That was awesome, James....200 exp.") Although I guess there are some limits to the likelyness of moe RPG translations...we won't be getting Cute Sister TRPG in English anytime soon, will we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Roleplaying games can be rich and rewarding, yes, but with only very large caveats. Getting out of your basement to spend time with your friends is much more rewarding, in my opinion.
Too be honest, I think that tabletop RPG's just have a certain "something" that computer games will never be able to capture. The freedom, the imagination...well, games like Fable 2 start to come close, but it's still not quite the same experience.

Also, I think it can be just as fun to spend time with your friends *inside* your basement as out, right? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
I can't imagine Panty Explosion doing it for me .
I swear, the name is misleading, it's more like Akira than Negima ww. The name just catches people's attention much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I did mention Maid RPG is pretty awesome right?
Not to mention in just how utterly insanely random kind of Maids you can make. I should really get the motivation to do another session over IRC when I'm not so... Lazy.
Hey, I'm totally up for that if you do sometime in the future. I'm trying to get over my "GM's curse"...every time I play an RPG, I have this unavoidable tendency of being the GM. I just gravitate to the role, somehow. I want to experience the nice, stress-free life of a PC someday. And I have a hankering for some roleplaying right now.

You weren't ever on #dits-ooc, were you?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote