View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 15:06   Link #93
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sarutobi himself said that itachi was hokage-like. making him the 4th over minato would have most likely averted the coup scheme.
Minato was made hokage before Itachi's birth or around that time, when he died Itachi was about 5-6 years old. So the 3rd should have made him the 5th hokage, i wrote about this a few chapters ago when the 3rd had his flashback on this matter. So i think we agree that Itachi should have been the 5th to avoid what happened after. But at that time the relation of the village and the clan was already very bad.

Quote:
also, having an uchiha be the second hokage would have probably done the same. there must have been an uchiha below madara who was on or near tobirama's power at that time.
Yeah, it would be Madara's brother if Madara had allowed him to live
It is questionable if the 2nd was the best choice for hokage, but i don't think that we should question the choice of the 3rd and 4th hokages.

Quote:
nope... i'm just assuming that the uchiha had at least 1 strong ninja among them who could have been 2nd hokage. do you disagree?
That can be the case, we'll have to wait if there's some revelation about why exactly didn't they trust the Uchiha. Maybe they suspected that they were behind the 1st's death. Or maybe another MS/EMS user rebelled and killed a lot of Senju before being killed, that would explain the lack of senju. Maybe Madara killed a lot of senju before his fight with the 1st. The 2nd hokage explained how strong emotions they had, maybe he had a reason to fear that because there was some serious incident after the 1st died where some Uchiha killed a lot of people.

Quote:
in his own words he feared the senju would wipe the uchiha out.
He reminds me of Danzou, they say that whatever they did was for the clan/village, but the reality is that they are just selfish and want to become leaders so bad that they are villing to sacrifice their own people. Danzou made the root anbu children kill each other after they were raised as brothers, Madara made best friends and brothers kill each other. They just wanted a strong army that makes the leader even stronger and use them in wars. But when you see Danzou's flashback about how the 2nd hokage died it's quite clear that the 2nd was worthy of becoming a hokage regardless of the question if there was any Uchiha who could be the 2nd instead of him. Also he didn't hate Uchiha, he just didn't trust them, otherwise he would have ordered that Kagami guy who was in his team to sacrifice himself to get rid of a strong Uchiha.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote