View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 04:23   Link #36
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I still say use 100KB. If other staff doesn't agree, then settle halfway and let's do 75KB. 10KB increase isn't THAT much so I'm against 60KB increase.

Like I said before, if people wanted to make annoying avatars, they could already do within the 50KB limit. But, I haven't seen an annoying avatar yet (aside from the ecchi ones but that isn't really related). 100KB will let us use the same avatar, but now with less choppiness. The duration is still the same, and quality is better, I really see no issue, for example this Shana avatar that I would have used as mine, if full quality had been possible :

Spoiler for :

The duration is about the same. The other one has less frames, but thus has slower timing. The ~90KB doesn't look any more annoying than the 50KB one.

If the avatar size increase is implemented, then, what about the signatures? If you make a full 500x160 signature, the quality will inevitably be bad if the picture has a lot of colors. I would like to see the size also doubled to 100KB. If you're afraid of animated signatures, can't you just remove the url upload, so that only uploads can be made to AS, and then block GIF's from being uploaded? I don't really even see why signatures should also be animated..