View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 05:25   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Personally, I'd be happy having any job. It's a lot easier to get another job when you already have one. Of course, you're already working as a contractor, so you have to weigh the position against what you already have.

Still, don't, uh, look a job offer in the mouth. I must have sent out at least 200 applications already, and I'm sill unemployed (though getting interviews). Ireland sucks, I'd kill to be earning 1800 a month.
I am not a huge spender and $1800 is enough for me for now. The problem is the 2 year contract and 5.5D workweek; this means I would have less time to trade at night and I can't go back to school. And with the rate of inflation, $1.8k isn't going to cut it beyond next year, at 5.2% since last year I need my income to be at least $2.1k by mid-2013, assuming an increase in expenditure for at least 3 people in my family excluding my sister.

My contract just ended and I am treating this like another contract, basically, serve and FO. The enjoyable prospects are that I get to deal with Point of Sale systems from scratch, and I get funded to experiment with servers - so it is basically what I like vs what I can earn.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote