View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 22:57   Link #50
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Lots of great suggestions here; recommend you look into some of them closely on a details page and seeing if it's what you'll like.

I've only really properly cried through two series before, and those are Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shirai and Clannad: After Story. Fantastic series, very emotionally connecting. I actually came close on episode 20 of THE iDOLM@STER, veeeery close. That's a surprisingly good series if you don't mind the cutesy elements of it. Didn't make me cry, but I also agree that Kobato is more enjoyable than people make it out to be; it's simplistic in nature, but that simplicity compliments the elements so well.

For similar suggestions to what you liked:

Ano Natsu de Matteru is from the same creators of Ano Hana. Whilst not as effective in my opinion, it's quite enjoyable still.

No clear evidence of it yet, but for a continuation of KEY VN adaptations, Little Busters! is running at the moment. It's only a few episodes in, so one could expect the heartstrings-tugging to present itself along the way once more.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica may vary from person to person, but it's pretty dark and may be to your preference.

Might end up liking this for other reasons, but there are some good emotional moments in Steins;Gate. One heck of a series and I'd recommend it regardless.

Toradora! is my favourite slice-of-life series of all time, and it's beautifully done all throughout. Would definitely be worth a shot.

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for. :3