View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 04:02   Link #5742
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
well I dont know how they do it but for me as long as its just a text form I can traslate it using a program I have !

basically put as long as I have it as full text document I can do a direct translation then edit it for any age rated words !

but I would like to help ! They do it because they love it same as me !
Well, machine translations edited by a user falls into a gray area in terms of whether or not it is acceptable. Imo, it was accepted in Vanadis because no one else wanted to translate the series and the machine translations posted had passable quality only after extensive editing (even then it was full of errors). More likely than not, Kadi (project supervisor) will not accept machine translations.

The current and previous Campione translators all translate directly from the text, no machine required barring a dictionary perhaps. The best thing to do if you wish to help translate a series is to dedicate time to learn the language (chinese or japanese) and translate when you feel you are ready. That is what I did when I picked up Chinese and here I am working on vol 12. I still suck since I jumped the gun on translating after only 1 year of chinese study but I bullied Kadi into letting me translate when I first started

Anyways, V12 is slowly but surely being updated
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote