View Single Post
Old 2009-11-28, 06:56   Link #71
Joe_fh

Ok first of all why did they have to kill Tanya? That was a real letdown for me since it could have been handled in much batter and more interesting way. They practically killed one of the main plotlines just like that. And why? Seriosly I'll be glad if someone could point out a reason why Tanya was there at all if that part of the story ended like this...Even if Tanya wasn't a character with enough screetime for the viewer to connect with her (as all other S2 non-main characters) but it was clear that Suou had a storng connection to her from the early episodes and it was somewhat of a driving force in her development. The way I see it killing her off was really a stupid thing to do.

It's one thing to have a bit rushed character development but this? It's too much too fast and it goes against almost everything they were trying to do this far. During this episode Suou's character was way off from they were building it to be. Last episode it changed and it did pretty fast but come on the events in this episode were too rushed.

And the funny moments with Mao didn't help at all this time.

Well at least we learned something new about Yin.
Oh let's not forget Shion somhow knew Suou and Tanya would be there and having the same rifle. That again felt really rushed and out of place but we got to see part of Shion's power. Still it's strange since his renumeration is being in a wheelchair and Suou is folding origami Of course that's probably only part of his power but the "help me up part" proves that that is his power and he's not just using a random anti-tank rife to snipe

The contractor that has seen the future is equal to a one that can predict it meaning Amber was such a contractor and proably the old stargazer who was mumbling random things that probably make sense if you connect them with events.

On another note were they blind? I mean the shot came from around 90° from Suou's postion and no one noticed? I mean ain't it a bit obvious especially if you consider the caliber of the weapon and the damage done?
I know, I know it's an anime

Either way the pretty much ruined a perfectly good possibility to develop the characters more not to mention that killing off all the ones that are introduced is getting a bit annoying since they don't get much development and just die. Kind of feels like the let a lot of good points go to waste.