View Single Post
Old 2007-02-14, 07:50   Link #98
Aikousha
^_^

I actually got one of those "fill the screen" ads about 30 minutes ago... before I entered the forum. Since most don't have visible close boxes, and these also tend to block any normal navigation or mouse operation on the page, I knee-jerk close the browser window, before even reading the ad. Also, a few of them have very large graphic components, so I often kill them when only a gray area and some text are present. (Next time, I'll try to remember to capture them).

Personally I don't mind the adverts at all, if they stay in their banner positions, and don't strobe, activate sounds, or bounce around like a rabbit on speed. Some are even fun to translate mentally.
However, in all instances, I think "Flash" based ads should be permanently banned! And anything that interferes with site operation or navigation should be instantly booted.

If you need a little more ad-revenue, I certainly wouldn't object to having another banner at the bottom of screens...

Thanks to all the people operating this site (and it's mirrors), this is the most comfortable, friendly, and easy to use web-site I visit. Keep up the good work.

--Aiko
Aikousha is offline   Reply With Quote