View Single Post
Old 2006-05-08, 21:30   Link #77
Kappy

Hehe, yeah im new here so this will both be a hello! and a comment.

(spolier of course..)SO DONT READ

This whole series has actually hit a nerve with me personally. I have alot of things in my past and present that i relate (like im sure quite a few do while they watch a series) to the anime/novels. Ill admit even though im a guy, im told im sometimes too sensitive for my own good, but my favorite part of the anime has to be the first 5 minutes of ep. 13. The guys are always portrayed as the knights in shining armor, the big tough ones who if they ever fail, life it over for everybody. But sousuke went through so much(without for the most part even being acknowledged for it) that the whole series seemed to be supporting the depressing idea of sousuke being the only thing keeping this whole group of people from failing, and just those huge weights that were dropped on his shoulders were something he would just have to lock away and pretend(like he has the whole series) that nothing was wrong or he would be making the wrong choice and causing the deaths of all his friends. But obviously the way it ended, he had somebody that he could rely on to save him(from himself) when nobody, even himself.. could do it. Yeah yeah.. rant. simply put, i like the first 5 minutes because it shows leaning on somebody everyonce in a while is ok, that and sousuke finally starts acting like the man you have seen in tight situations.