View Single Post
Old 2007-04-17, 15:42   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not blaming the kids..... but the fact the perp wasn't rushed after the 4th or 5th shot or some other response didn't happen says a LOT about lack of training. Unless the individual was a trained combat marksman, its actually damned hard to shoot someone moving toward you quickly... even moreso several someones. However, (again) lack of preparation and training for such events - left everyone frozen in place even while the gunman was dropping a clip and inserting a new one.

Knowing what to do in situations means you *can* predict how you'll react in that situation. I spent a few decades in flight simulation and other types of training helping people *prepare* for unlikely events.... it helps.

Jinto's post is a nice take on the situation. It would be *nice* if no one needed self defense tools on the level of guns.... there's very little practical way to get *there* from *here* without instigating a draconian fascist totalitarian state -- and then you'd just be creating more terrorists with the defenseless population in between them and the government.