View Single Post
Old 2008-06-09, 00:30   Link #1076
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Sorry Aaron, I was past my limit 1 thread ago. Because there are some people who when ignored just walk all over you. I guess I'll harder this time.

And I suggest you just stop Goose. IRC is under a different authority, but that doesn't mean you can abuse it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post

<.<

>.>

*Drops a package and runs*

Spoiler for From the Diary of Alexander Crestwood:

For the record, the first-person narrative style is going to come and go whenever the story needs a little expository dialogue instead of the usual third-person perspective. The diary entries will come and go, usually only as paragraphs inserted here and there in the story, as opposed to drawn-out chapters like this prologue was.

I'd also like to note that this is the first piece of fiction I've written since junior high, so go easy on me, 'kay?
Backwater towns are the places where all the action happens.

I like the style of narration too, plus I do believe many of my characters relate to Alex's history.

Amongst random thoughts were the idea if Kha was on the other side of this Type-Moon game.

Looking out of the next chapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
The problem with trying to say "this is likely to happen" or "that is impossible" is that we don't know what sort of physics we're dealing with in the first place.

In fact, it's still entirely wild speculation that interdimensional space is nothing like our more familiar realspace. I just find it incredibly unlikely that interdimensional space follows all the rules we have in realspace, and if you change one physical attribute, plenty of other things follow suit. We already know that there's some sort of magic holding TSAB Main HQ together, since they at least have artificial gravity.

Now, my gut reaction is that if realspace is more "substantial" than interdimensional space (nature abhors a vacuum, etc), then if the constraints and limits are suddenly removed for whatever reason, then realspace will expand rapidly to fill the gaps. This can range from "this area used to be one meter square, now it's five" to all sorts of weirdness happening, as realspace "boils" in the "vacuum" of interdimensional space.

However, we don't know this. Realspace could instead collapse and contract; in our realspace, anything that shrinks in volume but retains its mass eventually turns into a black hole or analogue, since we've got our gravitational laws. In interdimensional space, those gravitational laws may not be present.

I don't even know whether lightspeed is the same in interdimensional space; the background looks rather psychadelic, so an argument could be made that this is the result of the human brain trying to make sense of utterly different physical laws without going insane.
Ah I see... Interesting thoughts there, I'll see what it becomes.