Thread: Licensed Until Death Do Us Part
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 11:00   Link #61
FlyByNite

I came across this manga a few months ago and have been loving it a lot. The storyline is pretty interesting, there's some rather unique and cool characters, and the artwork in it is awesome. I love how detailed and photo-realistic it is at times. It reminds me a bit of Gantz in that respect.

BTW, I've been wondering this awhile and I've googled it, but since this series seems to be something of a sleeper there isn't much feedback on it.

I'm not sure how much anyone reads american comics, at times I'll read certain Marvel comics if I hear a storyline that sounds interesting. The one exception being I'm a really big fan of Peter David so I tend to always get his work. He writes a comic called X-Factor. I see A LOT of similarities between Haruka and Layla Miller.

Both are young teen girls with light colored hair. Both are prescient and able to see glimpses of the future. Both join up with a kind of vigilante group that responds to things the law won't (or can't do). Both then tell the leader of their groups that they will marry him in the future.

I almost wonder at times if one or the other authors got ideas from it, although I think both started in 2005 (Well X-factor resumed after stopping for awhile, but the Layla addition didn't happen until it restarted in 2005).
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote