View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 07:05   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I would guess she bought it on credit at the then current price. She then sold the pryite at the same time Lawrence did, so Horo should have come out ahead since the price had gone up a lot. Horo just needs to then pay Deanna for the pryite at the price she bought it for. Deanna takes a loss based on what she could have gotten for it, but since the pyrite had already gone up in value when she sold to Horo, she still comes out ahead and she can buy back the same amount of pyrite at a much lower price once the market stabilizes. That's assuming of course that Deanna even cares much about the money, and didn't do it as a favor to a fellow god.
Yeah that's pretty much how it went. It's not like Horo needed cash to get the pyrite since she could pay for it with the money she got from selling it. Credit can be nice when it doesn't nearly break you financially like it did for Lawrence last arc.

It was a pretty nice conclusion for things. Definitely a stressful time for Lawrence right to the end. Getting the news that he couldn't get the pyrite from Deanna really hit him hard. Guy was just about to throw in the towel and give up. All the work hinged on having enough pyrite to pull off his plan. Thank god for Lanto being there. Lawrence was right last episode in that his fate might rest on that kid's shoulders.

Was great when he made that final sale and Horo just dropped down that larger sack of pyrite. Of course he couldn't resist making that comment about Deanna and getting a punch to the side .

Didn't really care all that much about Amati so the limited coverage of his fate was fine. He wasn't busted financially and may have learned a lesson along the way. At least he knows more about buying on credit now . No pity from Horo due to something he said. Probably a knock on Lawrence that upset her.

Last 10 minutes was fun to watch though. Loved the bit about asking Lawrence if he knew where he went wrong. "Yes. I do. Probably" . But yeah this event was full of misunderstandings. Horo hoping Lawrence would confront her due to the marriage certificate being signed and Lawrence misunderstanding that "I'm sorry." Really put us all through a tense situation because of it. On the positive it let Lawrence figure out his feelings.

I really do love this show.