View Single Post
Old 2009-12-27, 23:04   Link #255
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
because she is extremely popular with fanboys, I'd guess? They couldn't fit her into S2's main cast, if they wanted Suou in it, so they made her the antagonist instead, finally revealing little about what happened. Now everyone wants the dramatic looking OVA, and has to buy it.
I'd also guess there was no time to focus on her, but if she were alive, there would be time to explain in a S3, but if she's finished, it would make sense to give her a sort of farewell-OVA, to wrap up her story? Just guessing.
I feel they should wrap her story up in the OVA, and just having her back after ALL this drama and talk about her needing to be killed, and her killing here and there randomly, and the build-up in this episode, they'd have a really hard time making it plausible and not seem cheesy and for keeping fanboys happy, if they chose to keep her alive.

Characters have not been redeemed for lesser evil, so unless someone can give me a plausible scenario for her survival to play out, I'd rather she's a tragic heroine than some fanbait.
I am neutral towards Yin, so it's just that I don't see a plausible way for her to make it out of her mess, but as I said, if someone can think of something good, I'd like to hear it
Based on what I saw, I'd say whether Yin lived or died is based more on peoples personal opinions than any evidence from the show, since it was a very short and vague scene. Despite the lack of evidence I'll try and come up with as plausible a scenario as I can.

Yin Lives:
1. Hei cared for Yin, this at least became obvious as the season progressed.
2. Izanami was said to be a separate personality from Yin.
3. In episode 12 there are two Yins, the dark most likely being Izanami and the white most likely being Yin. One of the two says to kill her, but Hei only responds by smiling, meaning we don't know what his decision was.
4. The next scene we see Hei standing in front of Yin(it looks to be her real body that was said to be an empty shell before) with his hand on her heart, and you could say he's not killing her here because the light is pinkish rather than blue.
5. Hei is seen carrying Yin's limp body, but having no idea what just took place before it's hard to say with certainty that she's dead.
6. The boy Yin is born meaning that Hei didn't stop the new life from being born

Yin Dies:
1. Yin is now Izanami and has become an antagonist.
2. Hei cares for Yin so he may see killing her as relieving her.
3. One of the 2 Yin's says to kill her and that there is still time(still time for what though? The kid is still born).
4. Hei is seen with his hand on her heart and could have indeed killed her.
5. Hei is seen carrying Yin's limp body.
6. In the Izanami myth Izanami dies after childbirth.

I also wouldn't say Yin killing lots of contractors has much to do with anything as far as Hei is concerned. I mean he offed April like it was nothing to start the season, killed a human, and lots of others as well. Hei never seemed to care about the people Yin killed but more so that Yin had turned into a weapon and he wanted to stop her for personal reasons.

Another question that has to be raised is what happened to Hei? If he did kill Yin, did he just fade back into the city and go into hiding again? Did he stay inside the gate, or go to the new earth so he could stalk Suou long enough for her to be legal?