View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 07:50   Link #79
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
When Kagari expressed his feelings there, I immediately thought of both you and Roger Rambo. I immediately thought "I bet Kirarakim and Roger are really liking Kagari in this episode". If this is Kagari's final episode, then it's a good sendoff for him.
Kagari was little psycho murder hobo home boy of justice and common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
About Akane - My view on her is that, going by D&D moral alignments, she's very clearly "Lawful Good". She prefers a society with plenty of rules, order, structure, legal expectations. But still, she does have her own personal moral standards and codes. It's interesting how she's yet to kill a character, even as she wields a Dominator. It's almost as if Gen is purposely leaving her "untainted" for some special reason...

I think that Akane's "lawful" predispositions will increasingly conflict with her "good" moral standards and codes. Eventually, she will choose one over the other. I think she will choose the latter.
Sounds pretty spot on with her character. I'm somewhat wondering what Makishima's reaction to Akane will be at this point. I don't think on principle he can talk about her as being completely disappointing (she did manage to knock him out*), but I'm not sure he'd be entirely satisfied with any moral reasons she could come up with regards to not taking revenge.

It'll be interesting to see how Makishima fairs in wording off against leveled up Akane. He certainly had fun with his confrontation with Kougami, but they didn't exactly have a philosophical/intellectual argument/discussion. Will Akane next episode be able to do that better?

*Some people are calling hax on that, but I'm willing to let it slide. Why? Because Makishima's fighting ability, just like his ability to amass armies of murderers, is obviously magically based.

I mean, Makishima spends all his free time calmly reading old paperbacks and waxing philosophically. Kougami spends all his free time practicing martial arts and sparring. Makishima winning in a martial arts fight against Kougami required him using up all his plot magic mojo, which left him vulnerable to Akane bashing him on the head