View Single Post
Old 2009-05-25, 19:03   Link #8509
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the problem with the idea is that you cant lure the enemy into a trap without SETTING one in advance
faking weakness to lure the enemy into a trap needs for there to BE a trap to lure them into
and he didnt have time to set one

i think you misunderstood what i ment by pressure
i actaully DO practice martial arts
and one of the basic practice rutines is a close combat drill called sticky hands (the hands never lose contact)
the key thing that you learn during this drill is that if you just try to AVOID the enemiy's attacks and not counter them with your own, you'll get beat very soon
becouse the enemy can focus all their effort into attacking you in more and more complex ways while all you do is react
the same goes with chess for example
the only to real make progress in your strategies is to threaten the enemy king and force the enemy to defend it
there by keeping them from attacking YOU
thats what i ment by making them sweat
if you dont apply pressure, the enemy can do what ever they want to you and your left reacting only
and eventually you WILL slip up

his ability to run is also limited by the fact that they are inside the shield
how far could he run
and for how long
the guren might be faster then the albion
in ep 18 and 24 it pulls off moves that makes the trick he used to make bismark crap himself seem like childs play
and how on earth would they have LOST the wings if he didnt try and make her lose them

in the end this whole thing is theory
we dont know what would have happened if suzaku tried playing defensive rather then try and beat her with all he had
my personal opinion (based on what limited experiance i have with fighting) is that if you play defensive against someone of equal skill to you all you are doing is giving them the edge (they can attack you full force without worrying about defending themselves)
and once you commit yourself to defense only, your not likely to have a CHANCE to attack most of the time becouse you'll need all you have to defend agaisnt the opponents full on attack

and in the end, suzaku decided to just beat her and finish it right there

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-05-27 at 12:24.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote