View Single Post
Old 2012-01-11, 13:47   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
This is why I would like to see the focus move to other characters soon as we wrap up the manga. We've seen way too much of Naruto(and the other superpowered characters like the Kages) and need to get off the roller-coaster of these mini-fights. Give me some Konoha 11 development. I wouldn't mind Sakura actually doing something.
If the series is ending, then focusing on the tertiary characters would offer nothing but a break in the actual story (ala Hanzou's (etc) somewhat annoying fight), and, worse, would act as very weak character development for the Konoha 11. Let's face it, they have been mostly irrelevant for the past 300 chapters (if many of them were ever relevant at all (I'm looking at you Tenten, Shino, Ino, etc)), so bringing them into the fight now is not only a little pointless, but it would be almost demeaning considering they would have no real development, just a shoddy job at giving each of them some minor lip service.

Better to simply ignore them and let them "die" in peace rather than bringing them back only to fail to impress their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
IMO the plot has escalated so much that other characters besides the important ones atm can do very little. If for example Sakura did anything at this point, people would be calling BS left and right...
Actually Sakura, and possibly Hinata, is one of the few that I could see doing something/anything (especially when the Sasuke fight comes to head).

---

That being said, this was an okay chapter. Seeing the Kage Bushin spew forth from the Yonbi was very funny (and well drawn), and Naruto coming up with a plan just to attack the one weakness of Tobi's control was quite fun and reminded me of Naruto at his best (similar to the recent fight against the dead Raikage). The flashbacks were ultimately unnecessary (Kishimoto would have been better served to show a large 2-page image filled with many different memories/images overlapping each other), but besides that distraction, the chapter was still quite fun.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-01-11 at 18:31.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote